Saturday, February 19, 2011

In the Dark of the Night

Gerrit goes to bed quiet easily for us. He usually plays with a few toys in bed and then cleans everything up when he's tired. There are times we here the pitter patter of feet and wonder what he is doing, but don't bother to check on him.

One night this is what we found:

When we asked him about it he said he was packing for a trip for after Julie's (daycare). Not only did he have his sleeping bag in the little bag it comes with, but in the outside pockets he had his 'mail' (junk mail he likes to open and think they are important papers for him) as well as a few dollars and old insurance cards (again, he thinks are important). He hunted down his bike and set it next to the sleeping bag.

When I went to bed, I found this in the bathtub:


He found the pool bag that I had put away in the closet...no, he did not get to play with the shooters or flippers in the tub!