I realize I have not posted anything in a long time and it is not due to being on vacation. Here is what has kept me from posting:
1. Re-grouting the floor - Adam started removing grout in the kitchen only to learn that the tiles are not secure. What was thought of as a 'quick' project has turned into a slow process. Now the kitchen has a third of the tiles missing and every time we use the microwave requires a walk into the living room!
2. Erika and Ella came for the weekend in honor of Ella's birthday. We did a lot of shopping and a lot of hanging out as Ella wanted to spend time with Emmit (even if he is still in the 'only wants mama stage').
3. Friday I came down with strep. I did not let it stop our shopping experience, it just forced us to Target. Erika called in a prescription after I agreed that it felt like golf balls in the back of my throat! That is a scientific way of diagnosing strep, right? And I was thinking ahead by getting a double prescription in case Adam got it (he decided after hearing that Erika tested positive, he'd just take the antibiotics to be safe).
4. Erika took great care of all of us and she organized my scrapbook/craft area! Now if only I had some time to use it. Spring break???
5. Monday was my 'birthday' and Adam had a late meeting so I fed the boys and Adam brought take out home for us. We did not eat until after 7 but it was nice. I was hoping Adam would be home earlier so I could rest (I probably shouldn't have gone to work that day.) The plan is to 'celebrate' my birthday this weekend when we have time to breathe and time to shop for a new watch (mine quit on Sunday - what timing!)
6. Adam has been putting in long hours this week - not just Monday. We did manage to take the boys to open gym for little ones last night at the Elementary school. We thought Emmit would fine tune his walking skills, but he enjoyed chasing after a ball on all fours. Gerrit loved shooting hoops and running around!
While we have been busy with the above, the boys have been busy too:
1. Emmit has been walking more than crawling which is fun to watch. He looks drunk, but is making progress.
2. Gerrit has learned how to spell his name, well sort of: He tends to forget the I but who's keeping track! He should be in good shape next week at his pre-school screening (assuming he is not shy!).
3. Today Gerrit learned how to snap his pants - he said he figured it out during a time out today! Guess he was bored. At least he's making the most of his time!
3. Today Gerrit learned how to snap his pants - he said he figured it out during a time out today! Guess he was bored. At least he's making the most of his time!
No comments:
Post a Comment