Adam worked late so I 'celebrated' Valentines day with the boys. Gerrit (and Emmit) took Valentines (above - right) to daycare and received lots of Valentines in return. Gerrit decorated Emmit's bag because he was too little and I enjoyed some of Emmit's treats.
The boys did not have special V-day shirts this year but I made them matching hats which make me laugh.
Emmit got a new ball (surprised?) and Gerrit got a new car (he had to get one if he was going to give them to his friends) and some cool Toy Story tub stuff. My plan was for Emmit to get a ball of his own; one that Gerrit would not use and then Gerrit wouldn't get mad at Emmit for playing with his ball. Of course, it was a good idea in theory. Gerrit dominated playing with Emmit's ball and Emmit didn't get to play with it much. This led to Gerrit not getting to play with his new tub toys... The joys of being by myself tonight!
It is fun to see Gerrit start to understand special days and I'll take advantage of dressing the boys in what I want for special days as long as I can!


1 comment:
i saw these valentines too. so cute! you're right that there aren't a ton of fun boy ones :)
Post a Comment