Adam took Gerrit golfing again this weekend. (I don't know who likes it more - Adam or Gerrit.) It was a bit rainy but no one complained about it. I wish I could go along and listen to them because I think their conversations must be pretty funny. Adam told me at one point Gerrit was mad at Adam and threw his club. He then proceeded to respond to Adam by saying:
"I'm not talking to you".
Where does he learn this stuff? He even told Adam that one of his shots was a bad one. I asked if it really was a bad shot and Adam said it was. So the kid is learning. If only he would stay out of the line of sight of the one hitting, he would master the etiquette of golf!
Tonight we watched Luker's baseball game. Gerrit sat and watched the game for a long time (longer than most 3 year olds). When we got home I brought Emmit inside and Adam asked where Gerrit was. I said take a guess....
Every time Gerrit watches a sport, he need to play it. So yes, Gerrit was outside playing baseball when we got home. He now wants baseball pants like Luke. Yesterday it was soccer in the basement during the World Cup. (He even tried hitting the soccer ball off his head like he saw on TV.)
We really don't push him into playing anything or with anything. He does it all on his own. I love watching him reenact what sport he sees on TV. And this is why we don't watch WWF - although today at baptism brunch for Max Rockne, Paul was helping Gerrit do butt slams on Luke. Luckily it was time to eat so that came to an end, even though he walked around the house saying 'butt slam'!
Emmit's weekend? He spent his time chewing on lots of things, rolling over some, taking a few good naps and was a perfect gentleman to anyone who gave him attention. He's showing great interest in food so we might have to break out the rice cereal now that I'm done working.
No comments:
Post a Comment