We've had some gorgeous weather the past few days, now that it is November. It had been a while since we played outside after work due to the weather. Seeing it was nice out, and Gerrit asked to ride his bike (shocker!) I said fine. He rode his bike and then wanted to play baseball. So we got the bat and ball out and headed to the back yard. Usually baseball consists of me trying to balance the ball on something that can act as a "T" and he can try and swing the bat and hope to hit the ball and not hit me. I decided that seeing the sun was setting, we were not going to be playing baseball very long, I'd just pitch him the ball and watch him miss. Well, surprise, surprise - the kid hit the ball! And it wasn't a fluke thing either - he did this multiple times! He knew how to stand side ways (a skill many of my middle schoolers still can't get right) and choked up on the bat ready for a pitch. He did miss and I threw some bad pitches, but still, the kid can hit a moving target at 2.5 yrs old. Adam came home shortly after we started and was impressed too. The only thing we had to do was remind him to stand sideways once in a while.
Adam and I just shake our heads. We have done very little 'teaching' when it comes to sports and Gerrit. I figured we have plenty of time in the years ahead to teach him proper techniques - plus, what 2 yr old is actually going to remember what he was told weeks ago, let a lone a few minutes ago!
Either we watch way too much Sports Center while eating oatmeal in the mornings or this kid has some natural talent. Either way, he makes his mommy proud. I'll try not to get ahead of myself and hope he can be potty trained and learns how to read and write in a timely manor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment