Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Step Closer


Tonight before Gerrit's shower, I asked if he needed to go potty (my lame attempt at potty training) and he said yes. So he sat on the toilet and went a little. Then he hopped down and said he had to go - standing up! It cracked me up - he could barely get his penis above the toilet let alone aim properly! (He didn't end up going, but at least knows what he needs to do.) We may not need to work on sitting and going potty - he'll just go straight to standing up. Now if only he would tell me when he had to go....

PS - sorry no photo of this incident - I'm not that mean of a mom! (Deep down, I did want to grab the camera, I'll admit. Plus, I still have the above photo which I'm sure I'll hear about when he's older and cares.)

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

hey not sure if it will help, but ryan learned way faster just doing it standing up. more fun to watch, i guess. "look at all the bubbles i made!!!" ha ha.

garrett sat down till about 6 months ago when he got tall enough to reach. our bathrooms are too small for step stools. with ryan i have to lift him up each time, which gets old, but it works - and i can help control the potential mess!

Caryn said...

thanks for the advice. we do have a step stool in 1 bathroom. i might give it a try and see what he thinks. we are getting closer to baby arriving so i'm not real motivated to push the issue only to go backwards when the baby comes.