HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Gerrit sporting his hat he made at Julie's yesterday. He didn't want to wear it, or get his picture taken, but with a little help from Adam, I was able to get one!
We had a low key day and all were healthy! (I was sick last year and didn't get to enjoy the time with friends.) I made the same recipe for the turkey (Jewish turkey - it looked better in person than the photo) as last year seeing I didn't get to enjoy it. It was juicy and tasty I must say. Twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and rolls rounded out our main course. Joan brought a yummy apple pie for dessert.
We debated going out for lunch today but figured most places would have a buffet and we didn't want to deal with that and a 2.5 yr old. So we hung out at home and our friend Joan joined us as her family was out of town. Following lunch we took naps and we all slept quite a while too. Watched a little football and then the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving rounded out Gerrit's day.
The Christmas decorations are out of storage and will be slowly put up this weekend. Tomorrow morning we make our annual trek to WI for our tree. Anticipating a busy tree farm but it works best in our schedule so we'll deal with it. No major deals have tempted us to brave the crowds this year so we will stay away from retail shopping tomorrow (I might go out on Sat - we'll see...there are some good deals to be had).
It was great to relax and enjoy the day together (especially healthy!). And not needing to pack for Iowa (bike race) is a welcomed change this year. Here's hoping we have a great rest of our weekend.
We have so much to be thankful for and it is great to take a day and reflect on all the goodness that surrounds our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment