This weekend we started a new training in our house - training Gerrit to sleep the whole night in his own bed! Yes, he was in the habit of of coming into bed with us at some point in the night. At first we didn't mind because it usually occurred around 5 am, but somehow it moved earlier and earlier. It was easier to let him sleep with us then deal with his crying and he usually slept well between us. Then we'd be reminded when he'd sleep perpendicular to us and either shove his head into my head or kick me, depending which way he was laying. We knew we had to break him of this habit but were too lazy to do anything about it, until this past weekend. My parents come this coming weekend and Adam and I are going away for a few days so we knew he had to be sleeping in his own bed before we left him - imagine him coming in and seeing no one in bed??
Anyways, Friday night was night one of training camp - not the best timing as Adam was dealing with a cold/flu and I was just getting it! With Adam on the couch, I dealt with Gerrit crying for about an hour from 12-1am and then again from 3-4am. Yikes. (Adam says he heard him via the monitor but I'm not buying it that he was up the whole time like I was!) I felt so bad for Gerrit, gating him in his room and telling him to go back to bed. Man, it would've been so easy to just let him in bed with me and we could all get a good night's sleep! Sat. night wasn't much better. At least Adam was back in our bed so I felt like he heard the crying as much as I did. Sunday night was great - only a few minutes of crying and he was back in his own bed! Here's hoping he sleeps the whole night tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment