Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oma and Opa


A glimps into Gerrit's week with Oma and Opa:



Switching out the area rug in the living room, Gerrit enjoying vacuuming (a new job!), playing trucks on the steps with Opa, Sunday after church photo op, Gerrit's new friend: Ramos (yes, he named him!), playing the trumpet during bath time with bubbles.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, Oma and Opa came for a visit. Adam and I took off for a few days to Duluth and left them behind with Gerrit. This was Gerrit's first time away from both of us and he never asked about us! Guess he was having too much fun he didn't have time to miss us. They took care of all the little projects on the list we left, visited the farm auction (twice), went for lunch with the neighbors, breakfast in a nearby town, Rochester a few times and Greg's meats. I guess they did not get bored without us! The weather was not the greatest so there wasn't much playing outside until Sat. when we returned (as did the sun).

Adam and I have a new perspective on what a vacation is - sleeping! We didn't find ourselves running to the tourist booth to do the latest and greatest in Duluth, rather we took advantage of the every day things - w/o a kid. We went shopping, to a movie, ate out, slept in, and relaxed. It didn't help that we are both battling colds (and I'm 6.5 months prego) so the thought of doing much didn't excite us. I think the time away did help us with the colds. We took a nice drive inland with a stop at Betty's Pies on the way (ok, so we did do one touristy thing). I think Adam will humor me and go south next time so we can relax in warmer temps! It won't be for a while seeing I won't be able to leave the baby for very long, but knowing that that is in the future makes me smile. I can't wait!

As my parents pack and get ready to leave in the am, I think Gerrit will go through a mourning period. He loved the attention and all the extra snacks and being spoiled while we were gone. Adam learned that oatmeal in the morning for Gerrit included an oatmeal cookie! No wonder, Gerrit wants to see Opa in the morning and watch Sports Center with him!

We look forward to their return in Jan. when the baby comes (and a new list of projects has been generated!) and will miss them until then.
Posted by Picasa

PS: The scarecrow was spotted in Rochester and Gerrit had to have him. So Oma and Opa bought him and put him in the yard. For some reason, Gerrit named him Ramos and will wave good bye when he leaves and says hi to him upon returning home. We have no idea where the name came from; the only thing we can think of is it is close to Carlos which many of our friends refer to the new baby as based on a stupid movie. (Ask Adam for more details on the movie and name Carlos). And no, Carlos is not on the list of potential names!

No comments: