Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby Update

I havn't written much about the baby that will be here in roughly 10 weeks! Honestly, I kind of forget that I'm pregnant (not that I don't look it or feel it quite often). I think I get caught up in what needs to be done around the house and with Gerrit that I don't have time to think about it. So I'm trying to take the time to think about who this little guy will be when I get to meet him. Because Gerrit looks so much like me, I wonder if #2 will look more like Adam and what kind of personality he will have. I'm excited just thinking about it.

Gerrit knows where baby brother is and will often give him a kiss and a hug (then he usually pinches me or hits my tummy). He can be real sweet when we talk about his little brother; I'm anxious to see how he responds to sharing our attention come January.

A few gifts have come our way for this new little one which is always fun and exciting. And I just ordered his coming home outfit (thanks Oma) which came in the mail yesterday. Its hard to believe we'll have a little one again in the house; I'm just getting use to life with a 2 yr old! I've got a few things knit for him (and plenty of projects waiting) so he has something new to show off and call his own someday.

We havn't totally decided on a name yet. We are getting closer and I'm hoping to keep the final decision a secret - yes, we will have a secret! We've tossed out a few names to people so the prospects are known, just not the final word yet.

I was at the dr. again today for my normal check up. All seems well from what he can tell. I was measuring big a month ago but now I'm back on track - although he keeps reminding me that I shouldn't plan on a small baby based of how big Gerrit was. I never thought I'd have a small kid - based on the size of his parents! And I know I'm getting closer when I have to come back in 2 weeks.

We just purchased tickets to fly home in Feb. so the rest of the family can meet him and to have the Stremler Christmas party. It's weird to think we will be traveling as a family of 4 then and that we most likely will rent a car (flying into Chicago) b/c we could hardly fit us all, plus our 'driver' in one vehicles! I'm sure before long it will only seem odd that we've lived as a family of 3, just like it seems odd to think we didn't have kids the first 9 years of our marriage!

Adam's mom has been asking for a photo of me. I did not document the 'growing' stages like I did with Gerrit and may regret it someday. But I did take a picture tonight:

30 weeks

I took it myself as Adam is dealing with another cold, poor guy. (Stupid flu shot if you ask him!) I apologize for the poor lighting - bathroom lights, but I was in the mood to blog and felt like taking the picture tonight. I was a bit bummed you couldn't see my hair cut - had that done after school today. Oh well, nothing drastic, it just looks better when someone actually styles it. And I've officially hit the "I know I'm pregnant" feeling because I can't get my wedding ring off! I didn't think my hands were that swollen (especially because its not hot/humid) but last night I tried to take it off to carve pumpkins and I couldn't do it. Maybe with the cold weather approaching, I can get it off then!

My eyes are getting heavy and I have one more day to get through the week. It will be a wild one - the day before Halloween and icky weather are bad a bad mix for middle schoolers! I will be back shortly as I have lots of Halloween festivities that I've documented this week and will post the pictures and stories. The Dahlen boys visit comes to an end tomorrow which will crush Gerrit but like Oma and Opa leaving, he'll get over it.

Until next time...

1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

Thanks so much for the pregnant picture ^_^ Was surprised to hear we'll all be getting a February visit, but THRILLED!