Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We are Blest:

1. For knowing a great dentist who was willing to stay after hours to check Gerrit's tooth out. It is confirmed he has a cavity. After much debate and me refusing to make him come in on Sat. to fix the problem, we will be returning on Friday (only after I convinced him that I do get paid if I take a day off).

2. For have a responsible 6th grader at our disposal for picking up our kids. I called Luke 10 min. before Emmit needed to be picked up and had him watch Emmit so Adam and I could go with Gerrit to the dentist - we weren't sure how Gerrit was going to handle the dentist (even though the dentist is his God father!).

3. For knowing a laid back family doc in town who is always willing to look at our kids! Gerrit complained about his ear hurting at preschool today. We initially thought the pain was the tooth but had him checked for an ear infection, just in case. Sure enough - his ear is 'pink'. Because Gerrit responded to over the counter pain meds, we are monitoring him tonight and John will do a 'house call' tomorrow night and check on his ear again. I think I'll have Emmit's checked too, just in case.

4. For Emmit to be seated in just the right spot at the table tonight during dinner that when he threw up, most of it landed on the table and chair and very little on the rug (we hadn't put the drop cloth back down after house cleaning on Monday). 

5. For a wonderful substitute teacher that is able to fill in for me the next 2 days as I deal with a potential flu-like kid (or a kid who just coughed too hard his dinner came up), potential ear infected kid and a kid who needs some dental work!

**It truly does take a village to raise a family! And we are blest by our 'village' of Zumbrota friends!**

1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

awwwww, grandma is praying for good health for all and blessings to all the good people in your life in Zumbrota.