Today was Emmit's first official hair cut. I can't believe I waited this long, but I didn't want to get those great curls cut off. Gerrit had his at 18 months!
Who would've thought that in February, the boys would be able to ride their bikes to get a hair cut:
Adam had a church meeting so I had Luke come along in case I was needed to help Emmit, he would take the pictures. Luke has his hair cut by the same woman so he knows right where the suckers are:
Emmit enjoyed trying to take it from him! How about that long hair in back???
Emmit wouldn't sit on the booster, even after Gerrit had his hair cut and showed him what to do. So I held him on my lap - my children like to make things difficult for me!
He sat very still and did a great job for her. She worked fast but I think Emmit cooperated better than Gerrit did at his first haircut.
Gerrit didn't get bored waiting for Emmit....he enjoyed posing for the camera:

Gerrit still refuses the clippers so Tara thought we should start Emmit off right and get him use to it! She only needed it a little bit by each ear but at least he knows the noise and sensation. After she was done, Gerrit said he'd let her use them next time (I doubt it!).
And of course, where else do you put your sucker when its time to ride the bike home?
Not the best photo of the new cut, but the best I could do:









No comments:
Post a Comment