Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Due Time...

One thing I noticed teaching at the high school is that I was asked more times about my Valentine's plans than I was about my winter vacation plans. Something about the 'romatic' idea of love is huge for high school girls. When I told them I didn't have plans - I have 2 kids at home, they seemed bummed and wondered if the romance was gone (without really asking if it was gone). It made me think about the whole day and if I was bummed that we didn't have plans and the answer is no. 




Having these 2 boys makes us happy and we talk about how big they are getting and how time flies by. I think we will have plenty of Valentine's days when the boys won't be with us or won't want to be with us. For now, I will take our 'romantic' dinner of take out for mom/dad and corn dogs for the boys - flying corn dog and all!

No comments: