Thursday, February 23, 2012

Smart Fellers

Emmit has been sleeping in a big bed for probably 6+ weeks. We always are amazed at how we can put him in bed and he stays there! It would be so easy for him to climb out of bad via the back (he has the low head/foot board bunk).  He has started to get out of bed in the morning once we acknowledge him. He even turns off his humidifier! Last night everything changed - he figured out he could get out of bed. So bed time that started at 7 didn't really happen until 9! He walked downstairs with his blanket as if he did nothing wrong. Finally after the 3rd try (we were a bit distracted by the basketball game we were watching on TV), he stayed in his room. I sat on the floor and held the door shut so when he would try and get out, he couldn't. I wasn't sure where he actually fell asleep but thought it was in his bed based on the noise I heard. I didn't dare check once he stopped crying for fear of waking him up. When I went to bed, I peeked in and saw he was laying in his bed! Bed time should be eventful until we get a lock on his door too!

While watching the MSU vs MN game last night Adam asked Gerrit who he was routing for and this was the conversation between them:

Gerrit: Gophers!
Adam: What? Opa is going to be disappointed in you!
Gerrit: But dad, we LIVE in Minnesota, shouldn't we route for them? Opa is the one that lives in MI!


2 comments:

Cara said...

You've got to love those kids! I'm impressed with the conversation between Adam and Gerrit!

mizz_marcy said...

***********HAPPY BIRTHDAY************