Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nothing Stops Him

Yes, Gerrit had to have a tooth pulled. He enjoys showing others now that he's out of the dentist chair! He didn't do too bad considering it was his first time to the dentist. Lucky for us, his dentist is is god father, so he was very patient with him. I stayed in the waiting room, knitting and wishing time would pass faster than it did so Gerrit could be done. In the end, Gerrit still talks to Dave and did not hold a grudge about the whole experience. We head back in a few weeks for cleanings - that should be interesting!
I asked if he wanted a special tooth fairy pillow to put his tooth in and of course he did. Of all the fabric scraps I have, he chose this:

Go figure! I was a bit bummed because the white tooth didn't show up as well as I would've liked had we used other fabric. But, he likes it so I'll live with it. He has yet to put his tooth in it for the tooth fair, Martha. He took the tooth to preschool and said he still needs to show it to Luke and Paul before surrendering it to Martha.  The pillow is ready whenever he is!

Saturday was all about basketball. Gerrit had his own game going on in the basement. He put his jersey and shorts on and even threw the ball up to himself for the 'tip off'. Its amazing how he always wins in these games too. I guess he is REALLY good???


It wouldn't be a real basketball game without time outs and half time:
He insisted on having his water in the gatorade bottle like he sees on TV. 
He cracks me up - he loves going to the high school games and will even watch a little and ask who is winning. When he's not watching the games, he's busy playing with his friend Tate from preschool - his dad is the varsity coach. I don't mind taking him because I talk to Tate's mom and get to watch the game too. Emmit even went one night when it was just me at home - yes, I took both boys to a basketball game! He did great, partly because he was entertained by Tate's little brother who is about his age too. 
I think Gerrit's favorite part of the game is the end - he gets to go on the court and shoot hoops with Tate!

No comments: