This is what Emmit looked like on Saturday:
The eye: that is a week old - Sunday he fell at Bridgett's cafe and did a number on his eye. Luckily he didn't cut it open.
The lip: Saturday morning we were outside enjoying the nice weather....Gerrit took out the T to play baseball. Both boys wanted to hit off the T and they were doing OK taking turns. The problem came when one of them wouldn't get out of the way for the other to swing. We were working on being patient and calling me over to move the one (Emmit) who wouldn't get out of the way. Well, I guess Gerrit's patience ran out. He swung and nailed Emmit in the mouth! Luckily all teeth are accounted for and no stitches needed (this time). Even though the bat was aluminum, I think the weight of it helped slow the swing down! A few wash clothes to clean up the blood, and some snuggle time with mom was all that was needed. The bleeding didn't last real long and I think his crying made him tired so I lucked out by having Emmit take his nap in my arms. As much as I thought about all the things I had wanted to do during nap time....I reminded myself that soon Emmit will be big and not want to snuggle or sleep in my arms.
Today, you can't even tell he had a fat lip - the only thing left is the scab on his face. We are hoping he doesn't pick at hit so it leaves a scar.
On another note: Gerrit is getting a bit wiser these days.....
Sunday Emmit and I were taking a nap and Adam went to wash his bike leaving Gerrit to watch a kid show. I woke up and went downstairs to find Gerrit coming out of the storage room with a Gatorade. I asked him where dad was and he said: running errands. OK...I thought until I looked at the end table and saw the following: empty little root beer bottle, chocolate candy wrappers, Hersey kisses wrapper, fruit snack wrapper, and the unopened Gatorade! What was missing was the 2 peeps he had eaten! I guess Gerrit can not be left 'alone' or we need to do a better job of hiding food! (The candy was leftover from a few recipes). Adam returned and I showed him what Gerrit was up to while he was gone.....Adam admitted to allowing him to finish the partial bottle of pop and the fruit snacks, but the rest was all a mastermind of Gerrit!

No comments:
Post a Comment