Gerrit started off our first offical day of summer with a bang: tball and swim lessons back to back! We drove to a neighboring town for tball and then back to Z-town for swim lessons.
He started off the day telling me he wasn't going to tball, he was just going to watch. I had a feeling he was going to be like this, but we went anyways and he did great!
I took just a few pictures and here he is at the base running station:
He started off the day telling me he wasn't going to tball, he was just going to watch. I had a feeling he was going to be like this, but we went anyways and he did great!
I took just a few pictures and here he is at the base running station:
Everyone was to stand on home plate, he ran real fast, skipped touching 2nd base, and after I yelled for him to touch the base, he did so at 3rd. At the end he was glad he went and can't wait for tomorrow.
Swim lessons were cold. Of course the weather is cooler this week, just in time for swim lessons (outside in a freezing cold kiddy pool). So he made it till the last activity and then he had enough - he was cold. He told me at bed time that he would give swim lessons 1 more try, but if it was cold, he was done. (I didn't have the heart to tell him he has 2 weeks of it!)
After lunch I ran to Roch for an oil change and Luke stayed with the boys. When I got home, they were all playing outside. Gerrit snuck in and opened a new package of goggles (one I was going to return because I found his goggles) and took them outside. He had this crazy idea that he could use them like the goggles he wore when he went to the farm a few weeks ago. Emmit seemed to stay busy playing with Luke's phone and an old Lego truck the neighbors gave us and didn't feel a need to wear goggles (unlike Luke and Gerrit). When Luke asked to water the flowers, I knew that was the end of dry clothes...and it was. Gerrit pulled the hose from Nick's house and filled up his dump truck beyond capacity. Emmit was curious and he too started playing in the water.
Summer here we come!

No comments:
Post a Comment