Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 2

Gerrit waited patiently for his turn to bat:


He does a great job batting and is doing much better getting his hands lined up properly (he usually is cross handed but is getting use to switching them correctly. Thanks to a year of teaching elementary, I know the cue words to help him a long: 'favorite hand on top' works every time!)

If you ask Gerrit what his favorite part of tball is, he'll tell you wearing the helmet! (and base running)

Swimming lessons....he did the opening activity (bottom left) and then immediately went to putting his head down (top left). I had to laugh because I think the instructor thought he was scared of the water, when actually he knew it was cold and was acting sheepish. Eventually he hopped in and helped pick up the toys (far right). Next thing I knew he was sitting next to the bucket of toys watching and when the kids did a little jingle and had to put their face in the water, well Gerrit is no dummy - he could put his face in the water without the rest of his body getting cold (top right). He joined in the kicking part because that too didn't require getting the whole body wet and near the end, he reluctantly  stood with the rest of the kids (bottom middle). His favorite part today was jumping into the big pool - not because it was a big pool, but because that pool is heated!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: