We are trying to break Gerrit of the bad habit of sleeping in our bed. He likes to play in our bed because it is bigger than his and has more room for all of his toys. He usually ends up falling asleep in our bed and Adam gets lazy and does not transfer him to his own bed, which means he ends up sleeping with us.
We told him if he sleeps in his own bed for a few nights, we will go to Alco and he can pick out a new car, truck, motorcycle... (Alco is a little five and dime store in town which Gerrit loves because they have cool motorcycles and four wheelers.) He was really bummed when his favorite motorcycle broke and has been wanting a new one ever since so this 'bribe' was the perfect idea. He did great the 1st night and talked about it all day at Julie's.
The second night came and it was around 4:30am when Gerrit walked into our room and said: "I don't care about Alco" which was his way of saying, I want to sleep with you guys! I said fine and he hopped up in bed and went back to sleep.
{We went to Alco this morning to get the motorcycle. He can not play with it until he sleeps in his own bed a few more nights. I figured if he saw the 'prize' he might be more inclined to sleep in his own bed and not ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment