Gerrit had his pre-school screening this afternoon. All kids in MN have to be screened around age 4 to make sure they are on track developmentally for school. They check their height, weight, hearing, etc. He did very well in all areas. He was pretty shy but Adam helped him along and he managed to answer the questions or do the tasks requested of him. The only thing that was a 'red flag' was his 'th' sound. They don't worry about that really until age 6 or 7 so she said not to worry. During tubby time I asked Gerrit to say some words that had the 'th' sound and sure enough, he can't do it. Never noticed that before. The woman doing the screening said that Julie does a great job preparing her kids for school. It made us feel even better about where the boys are each day.
Gerrit has been asking about preschool lately. We talk about how he will be going next year and that he won't be with Emmit anymore during the day. It might actually make him enjoy Emmit a bit more and have more tolerance for him when Emmit gets after his toys!
I love how he is growing up and able to do more things yet sad to think he's not my baby anymore. There are times I'm ready to give him away and other times he melts my heart. I feel like I will blink and he'll be driving and chasing girls...time goes so fast! I will try and treasure all times with him while I can [even the times when 'I'm not his best friend' (as he likes to tell me when he's mad at me)].
No comments:
Post a Comment