Gerrit has croup now. Odd thing was he was already 'barking' at daycare yesterday. Usually it strikes at night so we just gave him the steroids before bed rather than waiting for it to get real bad in the middle of the night. After his second dose today, he seemed to be doing better. Poor kid, wants to play basketball and run around but can't catch his breath!
Took the boys to the ZM game today. Both of them enjoyed it, Emmit sat on our laps for most of it - granted I fed him a lot of popcorn but we were able to enjoy the game ourselves. Gerrit loved going between us and Luker. Sitting with the big boys was way cooler than sitting with the parents. I have a feeling we are going to have kids in elementary school that will know all the high school kids (Luke and Paul's friends). At least we know they will be watched!
Following a great dining experience at the CB (covered bridge restaurant), we stopped by Dahlen's where Emmit took more steps! I don't know what it is with their house, but he seems to take more steps there then at home! He was sporting cousin Max's Nike hiking boots and did pretty good walking with hard sole shoes. He didn't know what to think of them when I put them on him this morning but got around just fine. I figured he better wear them if he's going to at all and waiting for the kid to walk comfortably may mean his feet will be too big for the boots! Maybe the hard sole is what he needed to jump start his walking, rather than his Robeez. Anyways, he took more steps which is all we care about.
A late night and Gerrit has to sing in church tomorrow could make for an interesting morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment