Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Plague

Not really, but we have been dealing with illness the past few days...Emmit with croup (again!) this weekend and Gerrit the flu last night. Emmit is doing much better and seeing we have steroids in the medicine cabinet for this illness, we can get it under control and move on. He has his 1 yr check up next week and up for discussion will be the reason he has had 3 episodes of croup since Aug. 

Poor Gerrit not knowing what hit him last night when he got sick. It was hard to explain what was happening to his body. He just thought I gave him too many gold fish crackers to eat! Works for me. 

I was hoping it was a one and done deal but it wasn't. I had everything taken care of by the time Adam came home from his business dinner only to hear Gerrit crying again - yep, it struck a second time! With Adam home, it was much faster to clean up.  Needless to say, we were starting to run out of sheets and today we did a lot of laundry! Without going into details, Gerrit was a trooper through it all. I stayed home with him as Adam had to do work in the field. He seems to be doing ok, he hasn't eaten much but what he has eaten has stayed down. We are hoping no one else gets it - especially Emmit. No fun having sick kids!

2 comments:

mizz_marcy said...

Awwww, so sorry to hear the boys are ill! Praying that poor Emmit doesn't get the flu after having just gone through croup! Praying you ALL stay well.

Kristin and Mike said...

The joys of kids. I feel for you as we have had the stomach flu twice in three weeks. The first time on Christmas eve into day....hopefully your family is on the mend!