Sunday, January 16, 2011

On the Mend

I ended up getting the flu on Friday afternoon. Luckily it didn't last too long and by Sat. am, I was feeling much better. Adam however wasn't feeling well and laid low all weekend. Thanks to a little help from friends, I was able to manage the weekend's activities. Emmit seemed a bit off this weekend too. He was very clingy - towards me which made it hard to do stuff and he's had a few icky diapers (which I learned are not alarming - thanks to Aunt Erika for her help via the phone) and a little bit of throw up yesterday. Today he took a 3 hour afternoon nap (I don't think he's ever taken that long of a nap for me!) and then snuggled with me for the next 3 hours! Part of me didn't mind because he's not normally a snuggler but I felt bad because I knew he wasn't feeling well. We pushed the fluids - watered down Gatorade (next best thing to Pedialite) and gave him some easy on the tummy foods to see if that would help him out. He showed moments of perking up - he'd do "so big" with us which was a good sign that he was OK. We are hoping for a good nights sleep and then we should ALL be good for a while! Thankfully the house gets cleaned this week to take care of any lingering germs.

Gerrit enjoyed yesterday afternoon at Dahlen's - after we had the Indy 500 at the high school. I'll post pictures soon. Today, Nikki took him with her and the girls to Roch to the gym where he played at the indoor play area for hours! He had a blast and said when Emmit feels better we ALL need to go there. (I was hoping to go along with them but with Emmit under the weather, it didn't seem right to leave him with a sick daddy). Even though the weekend was full of illness, Gerrit seemed to benefit the most with a fun filled time which is fine by me. 

Here's hoping this is the last post about illnesses in our house for a while!

1 comment:

Kristin and Mike said...

Ditto here too! No more sickness!