Thursday, January 27, 2011

Move Over Gretzky

Tonight Uncle Travis came over for dinner and ice skating. Adam, Gerrit, Luke, Paul, and Travis went to our little rink in town after dinner. I had to stay home with Emmit (although I really wanted to - to take pictures more than actually skate). Anyways, we don't have pictures (even though I suggested they take the camera), but Gerrit did great! He went last winter and didn't really like it; he preferred to play on the ice in his boots. Not tonight! He was all over the rink - with the assistance of a chair (same chair that Luke and Paul used to learn to skate). So with Logan's skates (he's a 19) and Dahlen's chair, Gerrit became a pretty good little skater tonight. The ice was in pretty good and the temperature was perfect for an evening on the ice. 

I guess this means more trips to the rink this winter, now if only the temperature would cooperate.

(Note: Gerrit will not be signed up for mini mites hockey - he will be a gym rat, sorry Jeff!)

No comments: