Last night I ran a few errands in preparation for Gerrit's big day on Saturday. He wanted to come along and I told him I was shopping for his birthday presents and in order for them to be a surprise, he couldn't come along. So I left a very tearful almost 3 year old behind and ran errands.
This morning when Gerrit woke up, he walked downstairs and found me in the kitchen. He then went back into the living room and looked around as if he was looking for something specific (usually he asks for a pop tart or oatmeal before anything else). I asked him what he was looking for and he said 'my presents'. I had to tell him that his birthday wasn't until Saturday (as if he understands that!) and he seemed ok with having to wait.
In the meantime, while I was out shopping, I left both boys home with Adam. Gerrit snuck out of the house and rode his bike without permission. Adam found him down the street on the sidewalk (the good thing is he knows his boundaries). Adam called him back and told him to ride his bike back into the garage, and go inside. When Gerrit got to the driveway, instead of going up the driveway, he pedaled even faster and continued down the side walk! At this point, Emmit is crying and Adam is running around the house to get the little speed demon! Adam had to carry him and Emmit into the house, both screaming as he went. Gerrit was put in a time out while Adam picked up some of the toys outside only to have Gerrit pee his pants!
Needless to say, there is no riding bike today....he did understand this when I asked him about it this morning too...we'll see if he remembers when it comes time to come home after daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment