Last night Gerrit woke up at 2am. We let him cry and finally Adam went to get him and put him in bed with us, thinking he'd fall asleep and all would be well. Adam went back to the computer (he doesn't sleep well before a trip!) and I was left with a cat-like kid! He was jumping, wrestling with Adam's pillow, laying on me, and running from one end of the bed to the other! This went on for quite some time. Finally Adam came to bed and we thought he would calm down with both of us there. Nope...he started 'playing' with Adam! Then he'd turn to me and put his face really close to mine and stare at me. After many threats, I was fed up with it and put him back in his bed. So the cycle continued...I laid there and listened to him cry for 15 min or so (luckily this time around he was tired!) and then I was able to fall back asleep. Let's hope this isn't the start of long nights on vacation! And here's hoping he has a good nap in the car and maybe I can get one too!
We shove off from Z-town around 11 30 to pick Adam up at work. Ya, Adam got 2 hours of sleep and then rode his bike to work! Then he plans to drive 9+ hours. Eek! I best be going and finish the last minute things on my list. We shall see many of you SOON!
No comments:
Post a Comment