Saturday, June 13, 2009

Neglecting, I Know

I see that the last post I did was almost a week ago! Yikes, I'm out of school and have no excuse. I have thought many times of writing but didn't have the 'perfect' story to tell so I passed it up. Gerrit and I have been busy now that school is out - 2 days this week we played shuttle to the big boys and all their camps and practices, 2 days Gerrit played with his friends at Julie's while I wrote a paper and went to a meeting. Yesterday we had to ourselves which felt weird as it has been a long time since it was just us. We went for walk and ran into friends so we stopped and talked to them for a bit, played outside, took naps (yep, me included), and went to Luke's 9 yr old birthday party. Gerrit was invited so I went along to give Anne some company. I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully. He loved playing with the big boys and watching them too. Today was yard work, nap (Gerrit only) and then he played at Dahlen's so Adam and I could grab a bit to eat and see a movie. When I picked him up, he was playing with water balloons with the boys. He loves those boys and copies so much of what they do; he didn't care when a balloon exploded near him or he was hit by the hose with water shooting out of it. He had gone on a bike ride and played in the garden too while we were gone. It will be a fun summer with the boys as they do such a great job entertaining and keeping an eye on Gerrit.

Other than that, the biggest things going on here would be Gerrit's vocabulary...he cracks me up with his words. Some of them are only understandable by mom and dad, others are clear as a bell. Here are some of my favorites:

WORD/TRANSLATION
mout/ milk
bank/ blanket
doe /away go away
dows /cows
days/Dave (and every adult is called "days")
oot /Luke
pouf /golf
sigh-sig/ motorcycle
bite /bike

It takes some work to figure out what he wants at times. He is adding more words and its getting easier to understand too (most of the time)! I will try and do a better job of writing more posts...time is just flying by - we only have 1 more weekend before we are in MI - woo woo!

1 comment:

Cara said...

We are looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks. Have a safe trip & please don't forget that lemondade?!?!?!