Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer is Here!

Today we toasted to the official start to summer...at Lake Pepin. We headed over after nap time and Adam and Dave rode their bikes. We were all excited to go swimming until we learned that the new heater for the pool wouldn't be installed until tomorrow. Bummer...oh well, we still went into the cold water (not all of us). Gerrit and I hung out around the steps for most of the afternoon. It didn't take long for Gerrit to get use to the cold (or his body was just numb and couldn't feel it anymore). Chillin in the pool:

He found a pair of goggles that belonged to the older boys. He loved wearing them even though they barely stayed on. He didn't try them out in the water -just liked to look the part:


After a nice BBQ by the pool, we headed home. It was a great afternoon despite the cold water. We know we will be back again this summer and look forward to the warmer pool water too (especially the adults!).

We are headed to our community pool tomorrow after nap time - I know that pool isn't heated either but the kiddie pool is only 18" so it can't be as cold as today! (I hope?)

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love the pics, especially the one of Gerrit on the float!!!!