Sunday, June 7, 2009
A Start in the Right Direction
Today Gerrit wanted to 'go potty'. Usually I set him on his potty, fully clothed b/c I'm too lazy to undress him (unless it is diaper changing time). Well, I felt guilty so I stripped him down so he would get use to the idea of not having a diaper on when sitting on the potty. He immediately told me to 'doe away' (translation: go away). So I went into his room to do a few things and when I returned to the bathroom, he had officially gone potty! I don't think he missed as I didn't see anything near the potty. One issue I might have trouble with is keeping him from playing in it! He was splashing (with what little was in there) with his hand! Into the tub he went! We'll keep working on it slowly - my goal is to wait till after vacation to put forth a full effort. I'm pretty pleased with the progress so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When you train him...come take care of my ALMOST 3.5 yr. olds!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!
Between training, Sam's lack of napping and my job change (not by my choice) this summer is going to be nuts!
Hey at least I may lose the end of the baby weight!
Post a Comment