I finished a new pair of pants for Emmit. Its the same pattern as his bike pants, just the next size up. I found a cute tractor print to use as the main fabric and then went from there. I have fabric to make another pair for him too for this spring. Even though I used too much elastic and they barily stay up, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Last night, Gerrit and Adam went to the bike shop to build this new beauty:

Last night, Gerrit and Adam went to the bike shop to build this new beauty:
Yep, I got new wheels! I sold my Hawaiian Towney to my friend Sue because she wanted one (but didn't want to pay retail price) and I wanted a 7 speed instead of a 3 speed so I could pull the burley easier as well as keep up with Gerrit. Lucky for me, I have a brother in law who can get us bikes at cost so it didn't cost much more to upgrade after my sell to Sue. What cost us was my accessories! I chose the color of the bike based on the accessories. Anne helped me pick out the black/white accent color and I'm pretty pleased with how she looks. I love the back baskets and the front basket has a little cell phone pocket in the liner! The bell is black and white too and sounds like a door bell. We went for a cruise around town today and it was soo much easier! I'm very excited about the bike and think we will get a lot of miles out of it.

1 comment:
Nice job on Emmit's pants. Love your bike. Handy accessories and pretty to boot!
Post a Comment