Due to a little miscommunication, Gerrit was at the house by himself this afternoon. I'm not sure for how long, but long enough. My first thought was that he wouldn't be upset or scared and then I remembered he's only 4 (almost 5). My next thought was that he was crying and freaking out that he was by himself!
When I got home, he was in the basement watching a kid show. He turned the TV on by himself and was happy as a lark. It might have been because there was no one to bother him while he watched TV or it could have been because of the bag of Oreo's he was eating....He climbed on the counter and reached on top of the refrigerator to get the bag. When I asked him how many he had eaten, he started with one and the guilt must have gotten to him because he confessed to 3. I didn't dwell on the Oreos and tried to compliment him for turning on the TV and waiting for us to come home.

No comments:
Post a Comment