Lately I've put Emmit on the potty chair before his tubby. He barely talks, but has shown a few signs that potty training is in his future. (Maybe I'm just hopeful the training comes soon so we can be done with diapers. And yes, Emmit got underwear in his stocking - you can never start that tradition too soon!) He has yet to go on the potty, but I figured it doesn't hurt to get him familiar with it. It is also a step stool (it was made w/ dual purpose) so it is always in the bathroom and at times Gerrit threatens to use it! Tonight when I said 'tubby' to Emmit, he started to get undressed (in the kitchen) and once his clothes were off, he headed for the stairs. He went right to the potty chair and tried to take his diaper off himself. He stood up on the stool and turned on the water for the sink, lifted up the lid and sat down as if he were to go potty and even pointed his penis down (I've got him trained in that area already!).
I had to laugh.
You might ask why the water???
Well, from experience, if the sound of water (or any liquid) can aid in going to the bathroom. I've used it with Gerrit when I want him to go, even if he says he doesn't have to go - and it works most of the time. So I thought I'd try and 'help' Emmit go as well. It hasn't worked with him yet but the fact that he turned the water on himself cracked me up.
I hope I haven't started a bad habit for him in that he thinks there needs to be running water in order to go potty!
No comments:
Post a Comment