Ever since I found out I was pregnant with Gerrit, I've wanted to find him his own Cuddles. The top left photo is of my Cuddles - he's over 30 yrs old! This is one toy from my childhood I just can't part with (even though he looks pretty sad and Adam threatens to make him disappear). Seeing I couldn't find a Cuddles (other than a Clifford dog - but Clifford has black ears, not white like Cuddles). I came across a pattern to knit a dog and knew exactly what color - red! So this fall I started on Cuddles II and III and finally finished them last night! I needed them done by Sat. night (our little family Christmas is Sunday) and made the deadline! I've got plenty of things to finish up before Sat. or before we leave for MI so getting this big project done makes me feel so much better! I was having a tough time assembling the pups because Gerrit would be around the times I had to sit and knit. He had no idea what I was knitting but if I started sewing them up, he'd know it was a dog. (He even asked me to make him a dog one day when he saw the pattern sitting out.) When Gerrit was up in bed, I was able to get a few pictures of the new pups with Cuddles. I don't think the boys' dogs will be able to withstand as much love as I gave Cuddles because they are hand knit, but if I have to do some repairs or add more filling, I won't mind!
I don't think the boys' dogs will be able to withstand as much love as I gave Cuddles because they are hand knit, but if I have to do some repairs or add more filling, I won't mind! I'm so excited to give them to the boys and show them my Cuddles; I hope they like them (neither boy is really a stuffed animal kid).
2 comments:
Very cute. I can imagine how difficult it was to make these without the boys seeing.
you'll have to get a picture of their faces when they open them! I can't wait to see them. :-)
Post a Comment