Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kids of Christ Christmas Program

We had quite the start to the morning that was not planned.
1. Adam did not feel well so he missed out on Gerrit's program.

2. I had been working on prepping Gerrit to wear the sweater vest I had made him special for Christmas and even agreed to put numbers on the vest when the season was over. Gerrit thought the vest looked like a jersey which I agreed with him on the comparison until he insisted I put numbers on it like real jerseys. I finally got him to agree to put it on just before we left and we couldn't get it to fit over his head! I was crushed!! (After 2 attempts since this am, I've adjusted the neckline and we are back in business.) So a quick belt and straightening of the tie and that was the outfit for today. (Thanks Oma for making the tie - it looked great!)

3. As I was getting the camera ready while Gerrit was walking down the aisle, the battery died! I was ready to cry after the morning we had. Luckily, I didn't pout too long and spotted an outlet nearby so I quickly charged the battery during the first half of the service! I figured the pictures would be the same regardless of when I took them, so I waited patiently to get a little juice in the battery and snapped a few pictures:
On a brighter note, Gerrit did great! He stayed up front the entire time, sang every song, said all the Bible verses and only played with his tie a little bit. The worst part was him sticking his tongue out as he walked down the aisle! I was a proud momma as this was the first time Gerrit participated in a singing event in front of a crowd.

And the best part is listening to Gerrit sing the great Christmas hymns at home the past few weeks!
We have 1 more Christmas program and one more chance at getting the sweater vest on!

PS - I was told the program was video taped so I will work on getting a copy of it to show at Christmas time.

1 comment:

mizz_marcy said...

How disappointing for Adam that he was too sick to be at Gerrit's church performance! So proud of Gerrit that he stayed up front and sang all the songs! Way to go, buddy!