Sunday, November 7, 2010

U of M Cyclocross

It was a beautiful day for a cross race so I decided I'd go (I've become a fair weather fan when dealing with 2 kids at cross races!). Who would've thought it would be 60 degrees in early Nov!  
Here are a few pictures of the various spectators at the race: Luke, Travis, Gerrit, Emmit and Anne. Gerrit's favorite part was watching the races from the sand pile (I think he had his own pile of sand in his shoes and clothes by the end of the day!) Luke, Anne and Travis took turns holding Emmit in the baby Bjorn which allowed me to take pictures easier. Gerrit tried to ride down the hill but didn't quite make it (bottom right picture). The boys enjoyed the playground before the races started and Luke hung out on the rock cheering on the racers when he wasn't 'riding' Gerrit's bike.


Paul was the first race of the day: He took 2nd and was a bit bummed b/c he had mechanical issues which caused him to fall behind. He did pass all but 1 kid that passed him. He received a medal, socks, and a cool U of M cycling t-shirt (which we are all jealous of!).


After Paul's race we headed back to the car and play at the playground while we waited for Adam's race to begin and look at who we found:

Gerrit didn't want to get too close to him, but Uncle Travis gave him bones. Emmit seemed to like Goldy and didn't mind him getting too close. 

The 2nd race was Adam's. I was able to get a few good shots from standing on the sand pile thanks to my zoom lens (which I didn't have with me during Paul's race).


The final race of the day was Gerrit's kids' race. Goldy led the kids around a short loop of the course. They were suppose to do 2 laps but Gerrit was too tired for the 2nd lap. Gerrit warmed up to Goldy by the end of the day, he gave him bones, head butt, and high five.


(My favorite picture is the bottom middle one of Goldy and Gerrit.) Right after we got in the car, Gerrit was fast asleep! We stopped for a bite to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and of course, took cheesecake to go. We went to Dahlen's to share our desserts after the boys finished homework and Gerrit emptied his clothes of sand.

It was a fun day but a long one. Next week there is not a kids' race so I think it will be just Adam and the other guys going to the race.
 (see our pictures for more pictures of today's race)

No comments: