Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Uncle Travis joined us for Thanksgiving this year; it was nice to have real family (not just Team Beat). Everyone is all smiles as we are about to feast on a pretty good dinner, I must admit. I made my brother's Jewish turkey (lots of garlic and juicy), Martha Stewart's green bean casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, and cornbread stuffing (which was my favorite and I usually don't like stuffing!). A little bread and cranberries topped off the dinner with pumpkin pie waiting for us later in the day.


Gerrit insisted on eating macaroni instead of turkey!
 Emmit loved the turkey the best with mashed potatoes coming in a close second (until he tried the pumpkin pie).
 Emmit was sporting his tie bib from Uncle Nick and Shorty

Following lunch and a little break to watch the Lions lose, Gerrit helped me decorate the tree. He helped put up a few ornaments until he'd find cool ornaments he wanted to play with as toys and took them off the tree. 

We ended our holiday by visiting Langley's for coffee and more pie (Adam had pecan pie which he knows I will never make, and I had apple which I would make, but we didn't need more than 1 pie for our little gathering this year).

No comments: