Friday night and Saturday gave us a taste of winter. Adam was pretty excited for Saturday's race because of the snow that was predicted (he was like a little kid at Christmas!). He has always wanted to race in the snow and he got his chance. I decided it would be best for me if I stayed home with the boys, so we did not get any pictures with our camera but there are some professional pictures floating around in cyberspace that we might just have to purchase to remember the 'epic' race. It took them a long time to get to the venue in the cities due to all the snow; they almost missed Paul's race. Adam thought there was at least 3 inches of snow at the start of Paul's race and it was coming down so hard that they were getting an inch an hour! Down in cozy Z-town, it was a mix of snow and rain (thankgoodness!) Adam ended up 31 out of 52 and he was pretty please with the results considering he started 2nd to the last row.
Here is a video someone took of the Cat 1-2 race (these are the really fast guys.) I noticed the snow has stopped by the time these guys raced but still, you can get an idea of what Adam had to 'endure' on Saturday.
Also, the news came out and did a little story as well on the big day. The footage they took was during Adam's race. In fact, the start of the race they show is Adam's race (can't see him though).
If I didn't have to chase 2 boys around, I think I would've gone and enjoyed the race and atmosphere of the day. I can only imagine of all the many races Oma and Opa have been to, if they would've liked this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment