The other day Gerrit was outside while I was feeding Emmit.
I didn't realize he was riding his trike until he came inside with a visitor...
OFFICER Gene (he looks like Barney Fife)
He wondered if I knew Gerrit was down the street. I didn't really know he was that far away, but said "yes" for a lack of anything better to say. Gerrit knows his boundaries and hadn't crossed the street so I was pretty happy. Sure, it probably isn't the safest thing for him to be riding w/o an adult, but I was by myself and helpless when I am nursing Emmit. I guess it does look a little odd from the police perspective seeing this little boy on his trike all by himself.
Officer Gene just wanted me to be aware he was down the street. I thanked him for being concerned and he was on his way to help keep the little town of Zumbrota safe.
Officer Gene just wanted me to be aware he was down the street. I thanked him for being concerned and he was on his way to help keep the little town of Zumbrota safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment