Sunday, May 2, 2010

Not Quite Done

Just when I thought getting a new driveway/sidewalk would be an easy job with little work on our part:
Posted by Picasa
I didn't think about the mess that would be left to deal with. The picture on the left shows how much space there is between the lawn and sidewalk. Rather than building a retaining wall, we thought we'd take a few layers off the lawn and make it flush with the sidewalk. Saturday afternoon, Adam chewed up the yard (part of it). We 'hired' Paul to come and help move the soil to low spots around the driveway. A little more tilling and then we can plant the grass seed. I spend the day keeping Gerrit out of the way and Emmit happy - I don't know who was more exhausted, Adam or me!

Many cars slowed down to see what Adam was doing and one neighbor rolled down his window and asked if we were planting corn!

No comments: