Gerrit loves the 'Kissmas tree' and lights (that is how it sounds when he says Christmas). He turns them on in the house and will point out other homes that have lights. For a while there he liked to look at my nativity set by Carol Roeda. He likes looking at baby Jesus. Hopefully he'll get the whole idea of celebrating baby Jesus' birthday as the season progresses. He likes the big blow up Santa that is across the street from daycare and thinks Santa is sleeping when he's not inflated. He made a cute little paper Santa Christmas countdown on Dec. 1 and each day he glues another cotton ball on Santa's beard. I don't think he understands what happens when the beard is full, but he knows he gets to do it every day. Also, the advent box we have as a family is a big deal for him. He knows that after dinner he gets to open another door. Its been a nice way to get him to eat a bit more at dinner too! (He's not a huge dinner fan - more into breakfast.) I have a little tree in his room that has to be lit before he can go to bed as well. Its mostly decorated with sports ornaments which he enjoys looking at and pointing out the various balls/sports. I've enjoyed watching some of the Christmas specials with him too. I don't recall ever seeing the 1970s Santa is Coming to Town special that was on last night so that was fun for me too.
I currently am in the cities at my friend Sue's. We are getting hit with a blizzard in Z-town so I stayed here for fear I wouldn't be able to make the drive in the morning. I have a dr. apt tomorrow afternoon anyways, so even if we get cancelled (here's hoping), I would still need to get up here for the apt. So Adam and Gerrit are bachin' it tonight. I was able to take care of a few Christmas errands and then met up with Sue for dinner. Now we are just hanging out and watching all the school closings. I'm sure Z-town won't have school and can only hope it continues north to call off some schools in the metro. Adam took work home so he doesn't have to do the drive as Rochester is also under a blizzard warning. He can take care of the walks in the 'theater district' as a neighbor calls our houses. Basically, Adam will be doing our driveway as well as our side walk (which is a corner) and the walk of the 2 houses next to us - he can try out the 'new' snow blower we inherited from my parents. We now have 2 snow blowers so the neighbors think he can do all the work!
I'm feeling ok. The baby seems to be sitting on my bladder so I frequent the bathroom or at least have the sensation to go! I'm progressing fine and no signs one way or the other if I'll be going early. Adam has a big meeting on the 7th and a bball game on the 9th so he'd prefer not on those days! I would like a few days of my winter break before the kid comes if I have my way. I head back tomorrow to the dr. as I'm on the every week appointment schedule now.
I'm looking forward to watching Gerrit play in the snow - assuming the temps aren't too low!
No comments:
Post a Comment