Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Spirit

The tree is up and decorated as is the rest of the house. Gerrit finds the ornaments fascinating and wants to touch all of them. It took me a bit longer to get the ornaments on this year as I had to strategically put the soft ones near the bottom and make sure all the balls and bicycles were out of his reach! I first tried to decorate the tree with him around and soon found that it wasn't going to work. He broke one ornament and found another one that looked like a ball and thought it was fun to throw it at the tree! So I waited until nap time to finish!

When we came home yesterday, I was busy getting dinner ready and hadn't had a chance to turn the Christmas lights on in the house. Adam was home and I thought he had plugged in the Christmas tree and thought to myself - wow, he's in the Christmas spirit this year. Normally I am the one that is in charge of turning the lights on. This morning the tree was lit again. I thought, wow, Adam must really be in the spirit if he's going to take the time to light the tree in the morning (we are not awake and home long in the mornings to enjoy it).

I finally asked him if he plugged the tree in and I wanted to say how impressed I was that he was doing it lately. He said no. He unplugged them last night and that was it. We both started laughing....our little Christmas spirit is Gerrit! He figured out how to plug the lights in - we witnessed it finally when Adam unplugged the tree and Gerrit didn't like it. Here's hoping the kid doesn't electrocute himself before January!

PS - I have pictures of the tree but didn't download them yet to the computer. I thought I'd try writing this post a minute at school and it worked! (I've never been able to do it at work for some reason... probably b/c its personal and not school related???) Maybe tonight.

No comments: