Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reversing Roles


While watching MSU basketball today, Gerrit loves to play on his own hoop. I think he looks at what the guys are doing on TV and then tries to do it himself (he tries to hang on the rim, but gets in trouble when caught - Fisher Price just isn't as strong as a breakaway hoop!). He offered me a chance to shoot today as well which I thought was kind of him. I took a few shots from a seated position on the couch and missed them all. Soon Gerrit took it upon himself to show ME how to make a basket (granted, he was 2 feet from the hoop!). How thoughtful of him to teach his mommy how to shoot a basketball.

Moments before I received my coaching lesson I had to take his band aid off his thumb. It was getting in the way of his shooting!

No comments: