Thursday, December 24, 2009

Shovel, Shovel, Shovel

The title pretty much sums up the next few days around here. We got about 3" the other morning. The community snowblower was slightly out of commission so Adam used the smaller blower (how nice to be able to choose which one to use?). Gerrit was very upset he missed the opportunity to help - he was too busy watching a kid show and eating oatmeal. I promised him he could shovel when he came home from Julie's. Little did he know, there would be a lot of opportunities for him to shovel this weekend. There is probably 6" of fresh snow on the ground with another 4 coming today and another 5-9 tonight. The only problem with Gerrit shoveling is that he takes the snow from the banks and puts it on the driveway or sidewalk - a bit backwards!

Adam bought a bigger sled yesterday so they will be able to go sledding in the next few days too. I think I'll lay low and try and keep this babe inside as long as possible! We don't want to have to push the Subi's limit getting to the cities in this storm! Ideally, I would like to wait till next Thurs as my Dr. will be on call for a few days over the New Year weekend. (Adam would really like next Thurs for the tax break.) I had a dr. apt yesterday and continue to progress - a bit faster than I'd like due to this storm. Luckily we don't have a lot going on so I can relax.

Stay tuned to hear about our Christmas festivities...

No comments: