Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is There Any Room?

Adam had a meeting next to the new Gopher stadium today so he took a field trip and checked it out. Of course, that meant he went to Goldy's Locker Room and picked up something for Gerrit:

A new football!

(Its actually to replace one that keeps flaking and makes a mess - how thoughtful of him to think of me, really!) And he didn't stop with the football either, Gerrit has a cool figure of the new stadium to put on his dresser. Luckily he stopped with those 2 items, he did have his eye on a youth football set - helmet, pants, and jersey - but it would be a few more years before it would even fit him!
So tonight, Gerrit played football, I mean tackle with Daddy, and was in his glory. At bedtime, he wanted to take his new football with him which is fine (he already has one he usually sleeps with), but he didn't stop with just that one, he needed all of his footballs in bed with him! I'm not sure how much room Gerrit had in bed tonight and if he rolled over, I'm sure he'd end up on a football! Luckily he forgot about the one in the garage - that is the hardest one and would not feel good to lay on!

PS: I have watched more football this last week than I care to watch (I know, hard to believe) - Gerrit can't get enough of it so when there is not a live game on (like Tues/Wed), we have to find a game on the classic channels! We watched a game from the 80s this week (it was a big 10 game though)! Yikes!! I don't think this football thing is going to go away any time soon. I just hope he transitions well into basketball season...its spring/summer I'm a bit concerned with when neither sports on on TV!

No comments: