This weekend was beautiful and we took full advantage of the time outside. Gerrit decided it was time to do a little yard work of his own:

Saturday he got his shovel out and started digging in the soil (nice use of the proper term huh? I almost wrote 'dirt' but knew Adam wouldn't be pleased) in my flower beds! I was able to get him to move to the back of the yard and showed him a good place to dig. He must have watched us use a shovel because he knew exactly what to do, just needed something to lean on to keep the balance!
Sunday, we were playing outside before nap time and he kept pointing at a bucket in the garage that had my garden gloves and some other stuff in it. I kept telling him that there was nothing in it that he would like but he insisted. So, I brought the bucket down and he grabbed my gloves - I guess he did know what he wanted! He put them on and decided it was time to pull weeds. He started pulling my flowers but I was able to bring him to the back yard and told him he could pull weeds all day in the area behind the garage. He did not get much seeing the gloves were way to big, but he tried!
No comments:
Post a Comment