We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We spent time outside and inside due to rain. Sunday, Adam took Gerrit canoeing and fishing (a little). They took Paul as well and Millie and Travis kayaked. Mom and Emmit stayed behind in the cool air conditioned house! Gerrit loved it and they are ready to go again next weekend - this time Luke gets to go along.
Monday we thought we'd start summer by heading out to Lake City for a swim at Wilkinson's. The guys road and the ladies took the cars/kids. I quickly finished making Gerrit and Emmit new hooded towels for the pool/beach. I saw a cute idea on Etsy (so I can't take credit for coming up with the idea on my own) and thought I'd try making ones for the boys.
Here are the fronts:
Gerrit chose orange and I chose blue for Emmit. Max Rockne has a red one we gave him for his birthday, so if you see a few super heros around the water this summer, don't be alarmed - they are good superheros!
And here are the backs:
Emmit took some time to warm up to the idea of a swimming pool again, but loved every minute of it. He enjoyed staying near the steps which was fine by me - easier to watch!
Gerrit on the other hand can now touch in the shallow end! He was a fish and swam non stop (except for the numerous trips to the bathroom due to drinking pool water!) for 2 hours. I love that he can touch and doesn't need to be watched as much as in the past. I think the pool will be a bit easier to manage this year!
Gerrit's favorite part when when dad showed up:
Thowing this picture in for Oma and Opa - Gerrit likes playing store with his new cash register. This time it was a bike shop, but he's had a grocery store as well as a knit shop. Now to learn how to read money!

I have 2 weeks left of teaching and then I become a student myself. I'm taking a full load this summer - 4 classes! Yikes. This is all towards getting my health certificate (so I can legally teach health class). I'll have 2 classes in the fall and then 2 in the spring and I'll officially be able to teach health. So, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog, but I'll do my best to keep you in the know!








2 comments:
I love the photos and the towels are really cute. Glad the boys aren't afraid of the water.
Good for you on the health certificate! Didn't want to join me again at HMS in Gus' place? Bummer....I get it though...who would want to leave Sue!
Post a Comment