I didn't realize it had been over a month since I last posted. Wowza! I'll blame grad classes on the absenteeism...I'm finally getting a handle on my classes and feel I can breathe. When I signed up for 4 (somewhat traditional) classes, I didn't think it would be all consuming...then a friend reminded me that that was a full load. Add in the family and I've been trying to stay afloat. That does not mean we have not had fun, others have had more fun than me, but I'll deal with it and realize I'll have a summer vacation - next year. Rather than taking time to think things through, I just put all the pictures in one post...so here goes:
First week out of school I packed up the boys (and Luke) and we headed for Sandy Pines. We had a short (6 days) bonus trip as we will be coming back in Aug. for my parent's 50th (and taking Adam too). Opa learned that watering the flowers/grass when Emmit was awake was not the smartest move:
Being wet didn't bother him and his driving abilities!
And Opa still didn't learn when he put a bucket of water out for feet washing....
We did a lot of this:
One night Opa, Luke, Gerrit and I went to go-karting (what I don't do for boys!):
After 2 races and being passed by everyone, Gerrit had enough (thankfully). We let Luke finish up the ride points and Gerrit played a video game...good choice - basketball!
We made a lot of trips to the new BMX park at Sandy Pines. It was very rutty (Opa said they fixed that after we left) but it gave Gerrit an idea of what a real BMX track is like. Luckily, after a few laps he was tired so we could go home (rather than spend our whole day here).
An early morning golf outing...lesson learned by Opa - Gerrit is NOT a morning golfer!
We spent some time at the Lake. Opa is quite the hole digger:
And Gerrit is quite the hand stander...
And a trip to the lake of course meant a trip to the ice cream shop:
Luckily, Gerrit is a fast eater - I didn't have to clean up his superman flavored ice cream (ick!)
We took a boat ride around the lake, here is captain #1
with a little assistance as needed
and here is captain #2
We made it back to MN in record time - 9 hours 15 min! Don't ask how many times the boys made it out of their car seats....
We made it back in time for our town's summer celebration....here is the newest member of the color guard for the parade:
yes, that is a utility flag he is waving...
Gerrit gained some new sporting equipment....
he is a fast learner but will admit - its not his first love...unlike basketball camp:
Emmit tried to get in on the action
Gerrit chose his MSU jersey for the last day - here's the little lefty dribbler!
one of the few (but becoming more frequent) times the boys are playing together. this is the neighbors front yard...cute little spot for them!
VBS - they did the new GoFish curriculum and it was a hit! At the end of each day, they sang songs and here Gerrit is dancing with his 'girlfriend' Olivia. She is such a sweetie, I hope they stay friends for a long time (and I hope they are in the same K-garden class too).
oh - this one is out of order - this picture was taken at our church...we went to the youth's fundraising dinner and someone took this picture. What is so cool is that it made the newspaper!
OK, that covers the month of June....we are off to a BMX race tonight so stay tuned...July is coming and I promise, it won't be a month before I post again. (1 class is done, 1 is almost done, and 2 classes are manageable!)























No comments:
Post a Comment