Tuesday we had a little party seeing it was the 'official' day. Dave and Pam stopped by for cake and visited with Oma and Opa. Dahlen's stopped by too to say good bye to Oma/Opa and enjoyed some leftover cup cakes as well. Gerrit received a few gifts from everyone including an MSU basketball jersey (which Emmit is trying to put on in the bottom right photo). Emmit too received a gift and is trying out his crayons.
Seeing Oma and Opa were still here, Gerrit went to preschool to celebrate with his friends and then spent the afternoon with Oma/Opa. He beat Oma at numerous games of Uno. I took a picture of them playing after dinner while we waited for dad and Langley's to come and open presents.
I think he had a fun filled day yet was anxiously awaiting his 'friend party'.
Saturday afternoon was filled with 4-5 yr olds and LEGOS! I had a lot of fun planning the details (even if the kids didn't notice). The games went way too fast but thankfully the kids just wanted to play so we filled the time we had left with nerf guns and playmobil!

Olivia (in the pink) is Gerrit's 'girlfriend' and based on how she conducted herself - she's a keeper! I can only hope he sticks to girls as sweet as Olivia is towards him! She enjoyed putting together one of Gerrit's gifts (from her). Pin the Lego head was a hit for a few minutes, decorating their own Lego head dudes (aka baby food jars) went over well (except when Adam spayed clear coat it messed them up so they didn't take them home). Gerrit helped me make Lego dude candies as well as Lego dude crayons which were in their goodie bags. I made a litle Lego necklace for Olivia as Gerrit requested. The hide the Lego dude was the most exciting seeing everyone had a chance to hide the 5 Lego dudes while the rest waited in the kitchen. Spending 1.5 hours with these kids just reinforced why I don't teach elementary and I could never do pre-school! I'll stick to secondary!!
Gerrit had a blast and is already talking about his next birthday party theme! Guess I'll start surfing the web now!


1 comment:
So glad all the birthday celebrations went so well. Kudos on a job well done on the Lego party! Great creativity!
Post a Comment