I know I haven't written in a while but frankly, there is not much to write. So I'll give a quick update w/o pictures but know there are some events coming up this week that will be picture worthy.
Gerrit is no longer crying at preschool and actually admits to liking it. He has had hot lunch a few times now and enjoys certain menu items. I learned today that the lighter colored pants have to be worn in the winter when the snow pants cover them up! He was so dirty today.
Emmit is still a man of few words and lots of screams.
We visited friends in the cities on Sat., my former head coach Chris and family. Gerrit loved playing with the big boys. I think he wore Joe (6th grade) out playing football in the yard. Emmit entertained us all and almost fell over every time he looked up at Chris when he was standing (Chris is 6'7"). It was pretty funny to watch little Emmit try and look up at him. It had been a long time and great to see them again. Gerrit asked if we could come back before we even left the driveway.
I'm adjusting to high school students and getting a feel for the 'new' school and how it works. It seems 'easier' or less hectic than middle school which is a nice change. And anything is better than elementary!
That pretty much sums up how things are going as of late. We look forward to grandpa Bob and Geri's visit next weekend and then Oma and Opa's visit a few weeks after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment