When I downloaded the pictures tonight I didn't realize I had over 100 pictures! It had been awhile. Yikes. Well, I'm back and hopefully back on a regular basis again. Can't believe how time has flown by once I started back to school and getting everyone into a routine again.
I often wonder where our evenings go (which I'm not happy about).
Anyways, here are the last few pictures taken from football camp. Wednesday were pictures in his MSU jersey and that was not the best of days at camp. The 2nd, top right photo captures it all - standing there next to his buddy. To Gerrit's credit, he did have a new buddy the last 2 days due his getting injured in real practice on Tuesday so I'm sure he was a bit nervous but still! This kid normally bleeds football and to see him stand around just killed me! Anyways, Emmit didn't seem to mind tagging along and was more into it than Gerrit. Adam came the last day which helped motivate Gerrit to do a few more things and show Dad what he had been doing all week. Unfortunately, I had the zoom lens on when the group photo was taken so I only got 1/2 the group, but you can see Gerrit so that is what counts. I think in the end he enjoyed the camp and will do it again (hopefully he won't be so shy!).
I often wonder where our evenings go (which I'm not happy about).
Anyways, here are the last few pictures taken from football camp. Wednesday were pictures in his MSU jersey and that was not the best of days at camp. The 2nd, top right photo captures it all - standing there next to his buddy. To Gerrit's credit, he did have a new buddy the last 2 days due his getting injured in real practice on Tuesday so I'm sure he was a bit nervous but still! This kid normally bleeds football and to see him stand around just killed me! Anyways, Emmit didn't seem to mind tagging along and was more into it than Gerrit. Adam came the last day which helped motivate Gerrit to do a few more things and show Dad what he had been doing all week. Unfortunately, I had the zoom lens on when the group photo was taken so I only got 1/2 the group, but you can see Gerrit so that is what counts. I think in the end he enjoyed the camp and will do it again (hopefully he won't be so shy!).
We also had our last visit to the farm the week of football camp. At one point on Wednesday, Gerrit just wanted to go to the farm and skip football camp! He was a huge help this week - Luke and Gerrit picked the squash, he got all dressed up in protective gear to help Paul and then chickened out and took the stuff all off (top right), relaxed on the mower, helped wash the potatoes as well as wash me - I mean sprayed me a few more times than I cared to have been sprayed and finished the visit with a ride on Tug Boat. Deb hadn't had time to work on the saddle but said she'd get it ready for our next visit. We plan to go out there a little bit on the weekends (hopefully) this fall.
Tonight I got the itch to take a few pictures, maybe it was because Gerrit insisted on getting his football gear on to play his game outside. He coudn't find his Vikings jersey but needed one for 'practice' - which if I didn't hurry up and help put his cleats on, he'd be late for!
Emmit followed suit and grabbed a football as well. Not sure if he was trying to 't' it up on the rain gauge, but quickly realized he couldn't kick that high and took it off.
Gerrit likes to throw the ball up in the air and catch it as if someone was throwing it to him, good way to play football by yourself, I guess!
Emmit got bored with football and went back to his standby of scooting on the trike. He hasn't quite figured out how to pedal, but knows how to move around like he's Fred Flinstone. He has taken after his brother by wearing that silly space helmet, usually backwards as in the photos below. At one point, he was scooting towards the truck and realized he couldn't go any further before lifting his helmet to see what the problem was. After a while, I was kind enough to turn the helmet on properly - for his safety - but only after I got a few pictures!
Once he had enough cycling, Emmit decided to combine basketball and football tonight. Not real easy to shoot a football, but he did it, it was not fun to chase after the oblong shaped ball but he didn't seem to mind.
I had my first day of high school today and it seemed to go OK. I think I fooled the 9th grade enough into thinking I knew what I was doing which is all that matters. I don't have the anxiety of teaching elementary which is the best feeling in the world! My dear friend Sue is helping me out and getting me familiar with the high school and the program so I have little to worry about!
Gerrit too has started 'preschool'. I put it in quotes because technically school hasn't started for him (not till the 12th). We call it preschool because it is different than where Emmit goes (he's still at Julie's). We are all adjusting to a new program and expectations. Gerrit enjoys helping to make his lunch each night after dinner (assuming I remember!). Dad does drop off and I do pick up. Gerrit is pretty easy to get up in the mornings because he enjoys going to school and doesn't want to be late. I'm excited for next week when it officially starts. Stay tuned for more stories about school.
A long post, and I'm ready for bed. Got my new Holiday Knits magazine I picked up today after school as a treat to myself and am dying to crack it open! Till next time....
Gerrit too has started 'preschool'. I put it in quotes because technically school hasn't started for him (not till the 12th). We call it preschool because it is different than where Emmit goes (he's still at Julie's). We are all adjusting to a new program and expectations. Gerrit enjoys helping to make his lunch each night after dinner (assuming I remember!). Dad does drop off and I do pick up. Gerrit is pretty easy to get up in the mornings because he enjoys going to school and doesn't want to be late. I'm excited for next week when it officially starts. Stay tuned for more stories about school.
A long post, and I'm ready for bed. Got my new Holiday Knits magazine I picked up today after school as a treat to myself and am dying to crack it open! Till next time....


4 comments:
thanks for the updates. i didn't recognize Gerrit in the group photo because of the hair cut! the kids are both getting so big. we can't wait for the next update.
i'm not sure how the display name came up so funny, but I don't know how to change it.
i wondered what was up with that. funny. glad you like them - makes taking the time worth while!
Got a big kick out of the space helmet worn backwards! Reminds me of slapstick comedy.
Post a Comment